RNFA CVOR 3 Day Weekend Shift 12 Hours
Company: Tenet Health
Location: Cathedral City
Posted on: October 31, 2019
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital
classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility
with an innovative , patient centered and evidence-based
Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides
a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute
care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal surgery,
neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as
well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
Position Overview: The Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA) is a
perioperative nurse who may function as an assistant to the surgeon
in the operating room during surgical procedures. The RNFA performs
first assistant behaviors according to standardized hospital
policies. In addition to first assisting, responsibilities may
include circulating, scrubbing and other duties as assigned.
Department Specific Duties:
- Maintains clinical competence by assisting on surgical
- Participates in the call rotation
- Participate in preoperative assessment and planning for
selected surgical patients
- Recognize safety hazards and initiate appropriate preventative
and corrective actions
- Provide exposure through appropriate use of instruments,
retractors, suctioning, and sponging
- Handle and dissect tissues in collaboration with the
- Clamp blood vessels, coagulate bleeding points, ligate vessels,
and perform other procedures in collaboration with the surgeon
- Suture muscle, fascia, subcutaneous, and skin tissue in
collaboration with the surgeon
- Place drains as surgically indicated
- Graduate of an approved school of Nursing, and posses a current
California RN license
- Certified as a perioperative nurse (CNOR) required
- Completion of an approved/accredited RNFA course, including the
completion of the required internship hours
- Proficient in perioperative nursing practice as both scrub and
circulating nurse with diversified operating room experience.
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification (maintain
current at all times)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to
communicate with people on all levels and able to maintain positive
working relationships with patients, families, and co-workers
inter- and intra-departmentally.
- Possess active listening skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current nursing theory and
- Compassionate, non-judgmental patient caregiver and
- Must be able to tolerate physically and mentally demanding
- Possesses audible, visual, and manual acuity necessary for
maintaining patient safety.
- Completion of mandatory programs to meet TJC standards is a job
requirement.Job: Surgical ServicesPrimary Location: Palm Springs,
CaliforniaFacility: Desert Regional Medical CenterJob Type:
Full-timeShift Type: RotateEmployment practices will not be
influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally
protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would
result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Tenet Health, Cathedral City , RNFA CVOR 3 Day Weekend Shift 12 Hours, Other , Cathedral City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!