Referral Coordinator (JO-2110-137892)
Company: Ultimate Staffing Services
Location: Cathedral City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Location: Cathedral City, CA 92234
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Pay: $17 - $19/hr DOE
Referral Coordinator plays a key role as part of the clinical team.
The referral clerk is responsible for assuring continuity of care
for those patients with a referral order, by coordinating timely
specialty appointments. The referral process is a multistep process
and the referral care coordinator is responsible to make sure that
the process is following its course. The referral care coordinator
works as a liaison between the primary care provider, insurance
companies, specialty providers, diagnostic services, and
patient(s). The Referral Care Coordinator is responsible for data
entry of referrals information and documentation of all referral
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Process referrals according to level of urgency.
2. Data entry of all new referrals into the i2i referral module;
documentation of all interventions to include, date and time.
3. Documents necessary information pertaining to the referral order
in the patient's chart or EHR
4. Submits authorization to insurances, tracks the status of the
authorization. Once approved, documents procedure approval number
and authorization period in the referral tracking system.
5. Coordinates between patient and specialty provider to schedule
appointment. Provides special instructions if needed.
6. Communicates with primary care provider to inform of any delays
or barriers to care
7. Communicate with patient if any delays in scheduling
8. Monitors patient compliance and re-schedules appointments as
9. Responsible to track reports and to make sure that all reports
are received in a timely manner. Close referrals once the report is
10. Works with the Primary Care Provider to work on re-processing
11. Case Management of more complex cases, with the end goal of
scheduling timely referral appointments.
12. Manage referrals at every stage to avoid backlog.
13. Collaborate with Care Coordinator Specialist to identify
patients that could benefit from program enrollment due to their
conditions or needs.
14. Comply with referral management policy.
15. Send letters to patients when unable to reach by phone; handle
all returned letters.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates or Bachelor's degree a plus
- Strong Customer Service experience
- Computer proficient
- Spanish Speaking a plus, not required
- Previous medical office experience a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions
based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments
are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age,
ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other
protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants,
including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent
with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair
Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Keywords: Ultimate Staffing Services, Cathedral City , Referral Coordinator (JO-2110-137892), Other , Cathedral City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!