Retail Associate (PT)
Company: Goodwill Southern California
Location: Cathedral City
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Retail Associate (PT) in Cathedral City, CA at Goodwill Southern
California Job Description Goodwill Southern California (GSC)
prepares and places thousands of individuals into sustainable
employment through programs and services throughout Los Angeles,
Riverside and San Bernardino counties. As one of the leading
non-profit brands in the world, and the largest non-profit in
Southern California, we have been transforming lives through the
power of work for over 100 years. Goodwill Southern California
supports its mission with proceeds generated from over 78 retail
stores and over 44 attended donation centers, as well as from
charitable donations and grants from the public and private
sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving organization and yet
we have never been more focused - on our mission, on our people,
and on our future. It's always a GOOD day in SoCal!
Job Title: Retail Associate Last Revised Date: 11/2021 Department:
Retail Date: NEW Immediate Supervisor: Retail General Manager Job
Code: 2126 FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Pay Grade: R01 Ambassador Name:
Job Classification: 701 Primary Responsibility / Summary Work under
the direction of Site Management to maintain the efficient
operation of a Retail Store, Boutique or Attended Donation Center
(ADC) to achieve established goals for sales, production, service,
safety and expense control. Goodwill Southern California greatly
values our employees' health and well-being. Per company Policy,
all our employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent service, engages with each customer and
donor, while presenting a friendly and cooperative attitude
- Communicate our Mission and acts in accordance with our values
(RISE: Respect, Integrity, Service and Integrity) to our
Ambassadors, customers and donors.
- Follow all safety rules and exercises caution in all work
- Maintain a clean and safe environment by following all personal
protective equipment policies and procedures.
- Perform accurate Point of Sale (POS) and cash handling
- Receive and accurately record donations using technology.
- Sort, clean, process, price donated goods, following company
- Merchandise and maintain the salesfloor to meet established
company standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Load and unload trucks and performs necessary cleaning and
- Work flexible shifts; including nights, weekends, holidays and
overtime when needed. Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Other duties and special projects as assigned. Supervisory
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Qualifications To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Ability to read, speak and write Basic English.
- Ability to operate cash register, personal computer and other
technology necessary to complete the activities assigned.
- Ability to share Goodwill's purpose with the public and ask for
monetary donations and ask customer and donor information.
- Ability to work with a diverse team.
- Some retail and sales experience helpful. Certificates,
- None required. Other Educational Skills & Abilities
- None required. English Language Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, clients, and other ambassadors of
the organization. Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and
distance. Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
standardized situations. Physical Demands The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
ambassador to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- No special vision requirements. Work Environment The physical,
mental & environmental conditions in which the work is performed.
The work environment characteristics described are representative
of those an ambassador encounters while performing the essential
functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Moderate noise Other Qualifications
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
- Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates
fully in carrying out its mission.
- Adheres to Goodwill's values of Respect, Integrity, Service, &
Excellence. Required Training
- New Hire Orientation
- Harassment Prevention (non-management)
- Position specific training Values-Based Work Environment Notice
Goodwill Southern California provides a values-based work
environment for our ambassadors. All individuals are expected to
support and promote our values:
- We treat everyone with respect, compassion and inclusion,
recognizing their contributions and differences.
- We conduct business with transparency, integrity and
- We serve, empower and advocate for our clients, community,
business partners and each other.
- We pursue a vision of excellence and continuous improvement to
better the lives of those we serve. The above description is not
intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of the duties and
responsibilities of the job described, nor is it intended to be
such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Rather, it is intended only to describe the general nature of the
Ambassador Signature Printed Name Date Pre-Employment Testing
- Drug Screen (FT Only)
- Background Check (FT Only)
- Employment Verification
- Verification of COVID-19 Vaccinations
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity
employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more
information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law,
please click here:
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers
to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Goodwill is committed to a policy of
equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees.
Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws
prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII of the
Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of
1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration
and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic protected by
federal or state law. Nondiscrimination on the Basis of
Disabilities In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination
against qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the
provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the
Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly
issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled
persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity
administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits
to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of
his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be
extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the
employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring,
upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff,
recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide
reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or
applicant. It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable
accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are
employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance for
accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify
the Human Resources Department. Employment opportunities will not
be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable
accommodations for a disability.
Keywords: Goodwill Southern California, Cathedral City , Retail Associate (PT), Hospitality & Tourism , Cathedral City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!