Assistant Store Manager
Company: Money Mart Financial Services
Location: Cathedral City
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Company DescriptionSince our founding in 1979, Money Mart Financial
Services has been committed to our mission of serving our customers
with straightforward, relevant products that meet their evolving
financial needs. We began providing accessible and convenient
financial services to unbanked and under-banked consumers as the
Monetary Management Corporation, and later became DFC Global Corp.
In January 2018, we began doing business as Money Mart Financial
Services to reflect the expanded services we now provide our
We provide over 10 million solutions to our customers annually,
ranging from money transfers to installment loans online and across
our 700 retail locations in North America, Money Mart Financial
Services is one of the largest and most diversified providers of
non-standard consumer financial products in the world. Even after
more than 30 years of service, we continue to find new, innovative
ways to serve and empower our consumers. Money Mart Financial
Services brands include, National Money Mart, Money Mart Canada,
The Check Cashing Store, Aspen Financial Direct and
Insta-Cheques.Job DescriptionWhat do you do?
Responsible for assisting and supporting the Store Manager in
overseeing store operations. This includes but is not limited to
profit, revenue, recruitment, talent management, coaching,
training, & compliance.
- Ensures high Quality Assurance standards (Customer service and
Global Audit) and Loss Prevention Standards are maintained and
deficiencies are addressed and remedied to ensure client
satisfaction and company assets are protected.
- Assists the Store Manager in preparing, submitting and
recommending annual operating plans for the Store.
- Reviews monthly/quarterly earnings statements with Store
Manager to ensure corrective action (if needed) is taken when
operating targets are not being met.
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are properly
communicated and implemented by all staff within the branch.
- Assists in the District Recruitment Plan to ensure quality
candidates are being recruited.
- Helps train, motivate, develop and discipline staff to meet
operating objectives, and facilitate future growth.
- Assists Store Manager in the formulation and delivery of
- Helps maintain accountable cash controls and ensure that no
- Works with the Store Manager in the collection/recovery
- Supports the Store Manager to maintain a sufficient amount of
cash while adhering to store cash limits.
- Ensures that proper accounting/balancing procedures are
maintained and all reporting is completed in a timely fashion.
- Ensures compliance with all government laws and regulations
pertaining to the business.
- Assists in the maintenance of company security policies and
ensures they are role-played with staff so there is no compromise
on this section of our operations.
- Provides a link between Store Manager and Store staff.
- Ensures teller shift duties are completed accurately,
professionally and in a timely manner.
- Works with the Store team to maintain branch appearance and
- Helps maintain an organized filing system and ensures that all
records and documents are maintained correctly and according to
- Understudy and carry out the functions of the Store Manager in
- Complete all other tasks as directed by the Store Manager.
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years previous management experience, successful completion
of the company's Management Development Course and CSR Coach
- Ability to read/interpret financial and metric reports
- Basic meeting facilitation and group presentation skills
- Solid interview & development skills with a strong sales and
customer service focus
- Self-starter, excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
ability to train, motivate and lead
- Organized, flexible, analytical and creative, ability to
Additional InformationWe invest in our employees, and offer
extensive training, and development programs to set you up for
future success. If we sound like a fit and you're ready to start an
exciting career with an organization that encourages employee
growth, apply today! We look for bright, energetic, motivated
individuals who are interested in learning and developing their
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Money Mart Financial Services, Cathedral City , Assistant Store Manager, Executive , Cathedral City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!