Assistant Store Manager
Company: Ross Stores, Inc.
Location: Cathedral City
Posted on: November 15, 2022
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger At Ross and dds, inclusion is a way of life. We care about
our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their
differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an
inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE:Responsible for the management
and supervision of all areas assigned by the Store Manager and
follows policies in regard to Customers, Associates and
merchandising. Responsible for learning all phases of Store
operations. In the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant
Manager is responsible for leading the entire operation of the
Store to ensure that Company standards and best practices are
consistently metESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- General Operating Requirements
- Leads all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by
minimizing steps and touches while working.
- Assists in the analysis of Store reports to evaluate
controllable expenses and overall Store performance.
- Communicates any variances to Company standards to the Store
- Ensures proper scheduling of Associates to meet business
- Ensures compliance with all State, Local and Federal
- Accepts special assignments as directed by Leadership.
- Responsible for payroll administration including daily punch
edits, Associate scheduling compliance, Sunday payroll
transmission, and Payroll reporting as needed.
- Organizational Development
- Assists in recruiting, hiring, training and developing
- Ensures compliance of Ross personnel policies and
- Assists with Associate Relations issues by communicating any
incidents to the Store Manager or District Manager as needed.
- Expense Control
- Assists in the management of and continuous monitoring of
actual expenditures to be within budget.
- Controls payroll hours to plan, as the primary controllable
expense, as well as adjusting to current business trends.
- Maintaining a Safe & Secure Environment
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and
practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
- Ensures all Associates understand and can execute emergency
- Maintains adherence to Company safety policies and ensures the
safety of Associates and Customers.
- Assists in the facilitation of monthly safety meetings.
- Customer Service
- Treats all Customers, Associates, and other leaders with
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all
times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition
- Executes Customer service programs and Merchandise Presentation
programs through Associate training and program supervision.
- Supervises and coaches Retail Associates in providing efficient
and friendly service at the registers, Customer Service desk,
fitting rooms, sales floor, etc.
- Personal and Store Brand
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Maintains and models a professional appearance, in accordance
with the Company Dress Code. Reinforces the Company Dress Code at
- Manages Store to ensure a clean, neat, easy to shop
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping with help of
contracted maintenance personnel and Ross Associates.
- Merchandise Processing and In-Store Marketing
- Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company
standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per
Company best practice.
- Ensures merchandise is presented and organized according to
Company merchandising guidelines.
- Urgently manages merchandise processing to the sales floor
within the expected Company timeframe.
- Loss Prevention
- Assists with training Associates on Loss Prevention awareness
and Store shortage goals.
- As a representative of Ross Leadership, demonstrates integrity
and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers.
- Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card
information and merchandise.
- Understands and complies with the Loss Prevention Awareness
Program and is responsible for Store Loss Prevention which includes
maintaining a large Customer service presence on the sales floor,
Customer and Associate engagement and heightened Loss Prevention
- Assists in leading the annual inventory process including
preparation and execution of inventory guidelines.
- Monitors mark-out-of-stock policy to ensure proper
- Ensures Public View Monitor (PVM) system is maintained
- Customer Focus
- Motivating Others
- Drive for Results
- Conflict Management
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Hiring and Staffing
- OrganizingQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Two or more years of Store or Assistant Store Manager
experience in a retail environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to supervise, motivate and
communicate positively to Store Associates at all levels.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize those tasks, give
direction and follow through to completion.
- Ability to set priorities and exercise independent
- Maintain high quality of Customer service.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly
used in retail environments.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ADA:
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers
and PC as required.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking,
and moving around the Store.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb,
carry, reach, and stoop.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and
other assigned supplies.
- Certain assignments may require other qualifications and
skillsSUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:Direct supervision of all
Keywords: Ross Stores, Inc., Cathedral City , Assistant Store Manager, Executive , Cathedral City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!