Project Office Assistant
Company: NAI Consulting, Inc
Location: Cathedral City
Posted on: November 17, 2019
Project/Office Assistant - Works under the supervision of a Senior
Project Assistant tasks include: assisting management and delivery
of public works and capital improvement projects; budget and
schedule tracking; preparing invoices for project reimbursement;
processing invoices for consultant reimbursement; miscellaneous
word processing as requested; and project filing.
Office Assistant tasks include: opening/closing the office;
processing mail; answering phones; processing staff timesheets;
office filing; inventory and supply ordering; coordinating office
equipment maintenance; accounts payable and receivable; and
coordinating insurance certificates.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with
Disabilities Act, may include the following duties and
responsibilities, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This
list of duties and responsibilities is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not
a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by
positions in these classes.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (May include but not be limited
- Assist with the delivery of Capital Improvement Projects
including street and bridge improvements/widenings, sidewalk
improvements, traffic signal improvements, public works facility
improvements, park improvements, and other Capital Projects as
- Assist with the preparation of Requests for Proposals for
outside consulting services for specialized work including design,
right of way engineering/acquisition, surveying, construction
management and other services that may required on the Capital
- Assist with the management of outside consultant contracts
including processing progress payments.
- Assist with the preparation of state and federal compliance
paperwork including Requests for Authorization, Progress Invoices,
Award Packages, Final Reports of Expenditure, and other documents
- Assists with the coordination and communication with impacted
- Assist with monitoring and reporting on project status, budget
vs. actual expenditures and contract time vs. actual time.
- Assist with bidding procedures and preparation of bid summary
comparisons in excel format.
- Participate in the development, and implementation of Municipal
Capital Improvement Programs; assists the Senior Engineer with
budget preparation for the City's Capital Improvement Program and
the annual budget.
- Maintain open communication via email and telephone with NAI
Staff, Clients, and other Agencies or Consultants as
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
General Office Duties (May Include)
- Responsible to answer phones and relay messages; greeting
anyone visiting the office; file office paperwork; GSO mailing; and
maintain mailing logs.
- Responsible to process mail.
- Responsible to collect, enter, maintain, and coordinate office
- Responsible to maintain office inventory and order supplies as
- Responsible to coordinate office equipment maintenance as
- Responsible to coordinate office cleaning service.
- Responsible to maintain payroll worksheets, prepare monthly
bill tracking logs; bill processing; process and management account
- Coordinate insurance certificates.
- Running occasional work related out of office errands.
- KNOWLEDGE AND APPLICATION OF:
- General accounting/ bookkeeping skills.
- Public administration, budgeting, and contract management
- Proficient in MS Office
- Expert in Excel a bonus
- EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
Qualified candidates will have at a minimum High School Diploma or
GED and four (4) years' experience related to bookkeeping and
administration. Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
university is a bonus.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as scientific reports,
operation and maintenance instructions, and user manuals. Ability
to write clear and concise sections of technical reports
specifications and other correspondence. Ability to speak
effectively with co-workers and clients.
- REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: standing, walking, use
of hands, climbing stairs, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive
motions. Some assignments may require occasional pushing, pulling,
lifting, Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force
occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects,
including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of
the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required
only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary Range: $40,000 - $65,000 per year. Salary commensurate
- NAI Consulting provides its employees with outstanding benefits
including a cafeteria style medical/dental benefit, paid holidays,
a Safe Harbor 401k Plan, and profit sharing.
NAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
The Employment Application is available under Careers by clicking
Keywords: NAI Consulting, Inc, Cathedral City , Project Office Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Cathedral City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!